Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, another year has passed.  I am not sure how or where it went but I understand that physics, gravity (probably) and the sun have some sort of conspiracy going on.  Physics is a sneaky little monster.  So, I have spent a lot of time this past year sitting in various places- at work, at school, on the couch at home.  It isn't the existence I want to have and I need to make some changes.  However, I did get something for Christmas that requires that I maintain a seated position.

Dan and I exchanged gifts a bit before Christmas since we spent it in Texas and why drag gifts halfway across the country when you don't have to, right?  Well, I got Dan a keyboard (the piano kind, not the computer kind) and he got me this odd box...

What on earth...
So I had to do some investigating...
Yep, still a cute box with deer and a sleigh on it!
But what is inside that is keeping the box open...
And voila! It plays White Christmas and contains....

A bike bell! But I don't have a bike.  Well, I will!  Dan got me a bike! Now when I am seated, I have to pedal if I want to go somewhere. A vast improvement over my sedentary lifestyle. I have picked out a pink Raleigh bike that should be good for roads and easy trails. Yay! Exciting! I can even bike to the library where I can.. sit some more. But in a different setting!


No comments:

Post a Comment