Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

If it is made of wood, metal, plastic, or, well anything else...

I seem to have a spray paint addiction.  No, I don't like the smell or anything (well I kind of do, it's like gasoline and oooh I love gasoline- ignore that I said that) but I find that the SECOND it is warm enough to hang around outside without shoes on, I start spray painting things.  The newest victim was the screen door.  It is still half-painted.  Poor thing.  I can't decide if the green is a) retro b) hideous c) a crime against humanity d) chic.  It is probably a combination of these things.  Normally, I am a split-second decision maker.  This door befuddles me.  I can't decide if I should soldier on with the "ivy leaf" aka "avocado" green or give up and go for a nice sunny yellow and call it a day.  Only time will tell...

I am adding some pictures as further proof that my house is a technicolor mess- if the pictures of the basement weren't proof enough!  Disclaimer, these are not the prettiest pictures I have ever taken- not anywhere near actually, and the house isn't even "clean" exactly.  Well, it is clean in the sense that there isn't any spoiled food and I can see the floor.  We aim high in the Peterson house.  Behold!
















I would like to point out that the red thing on the dining table is an unidentified red deer/dog/horse thing that I nabbed out of a pile of things my mom was getting rid of.  Honestly we have NO idea what it is.  Atomic deer?  I think that is the best guess so far.  You might have noticed that I am fond of ... lime green?  Why yes! Don't mind if I am!   The whole house is a work in process every day. Next pictures, the yard!  I know everyone is overwhelmed with excitement....

No comments:

Post a Comment